Units to be covered in the Foundation year:
Unit 6: Investigate contextual reference in art and design
- Investigate historical and contemporary art, craft and design practice.
- Explore art, craft and design examples relevant to your own work.
Unit 10: Fashion Briefs
- Investigate fashion design and promotion
- Use materials, equipment and techniques n response to fashion briefs
- Develop ideas in response to fashion briefs
- Produce and present and outcome in response to a fashion brief.
Unit 2: Creative projects in art and design (exam unit)
- Develop creative ideas, skills and intentions in response to a project brief.
- Produce final outcomes that meet the requirements of the brief.
Unit 1: Introduction to specialist pathways on art and design
- Use specialist materials, techniques, equipment and processes in response to client briefs.
- Record formal elements within specialist pathways
Unit 12: Textiles briefs
- Investigate the different areas of textiles
- Use materials, equipment and techniques in response to textiles briefs
- Develop ideas in response to textiles briefs
- Produce and present an outcome in response to a textiles brief.
Unit 7: Recording or creative intentions in art and design (exam unit)
- Select and record from appropriate visual sources, based on the set brief.
- Generate design ideas towards creative intentions, based on the set brief.
Unit 5: Developing an Art and design portfolio
- Explore the purpose of a portfolio.
- Compile a portfolio to support progression
- Present a portfolio of work to others.
For each unit you are expected to carry out a range of tasks that will be put together to form the unit assignment. The assignments are designed to cover all the assessment criteria so all students have the opportunity to gain a distinction. At the start of each unit you will be provided with an assignment brief and cover sheets for each of the tasks in the unit. These will tell you what you need to cover to complete the unit and will ensure you are able to provide the necessary authentication and is where feedback from your assessor will be given. These booklets must be kept with your folders at all times.
To achieve a pass for each unit you must complete ALL the pass criteria.
To achieve a merit for each unit you must complete ALL the pass and merit criteria.
To achieve a distinction for each unit you must complete ALL the pass, merit and distinction criteria.
If you do not cover all the pass criteria the unit is graded a U or unclassified.