The studio’s responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children is of paramount importance.
Policy Statement and Principles
Our core safeguarding principles are:
- The school’s responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children is of paramount importance.
- Safer children make more successful learners.
- Representatives of the whole-school community of students, parents, staff and governors will be involved in policy development and review.
Policies will be reviewed at least annually.
Child protection statement
Studio@Deyes recognises our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all students. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice. The procedures contained in this policy apply to all studio staff and governors and are consistent with those of the local safeguarding children board (LSCB).
- Welfare of the child is paramount.
- All children, regardless of age, gender, ability, culture, race, language, religion or sexual identity, have equal rights to protection.
- All staff have an equal responsibility to act on any suspicion or disclosure that may suggest a child is at risk of harm.
- Students and staff involved in child protection issues will receive appropriate support.
- To provide all staff with the necessary information to enable them to meet their child protection responsibilities.
- To ensure consistent good practice.
- To demonstrate the school’s commitment with regard to child protection to students, parents and other partners.
- To contribute to the school’s safeguarding portfolio.
To read the studio’s comprehensive Child Protection & Safeguarding policy click here.
To visit the Liverpool Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) please click on the button below.